In 1991, a partnership began between Oakland Schools and DENSO International to fund scholarships for students attending Oakland Schools Technical Campuses. Since then, more than $415,000 has been given to students in technical studies programs who have not only been outstanding scholars, but leaders in and out of the classroom.
Now known as the Scholarships for Success Awards Program, $25,000 in scholarships was awarded during the 2021-22 academic year. Scholarship awards are based on interest and participation in Career Technical Education, academic achievement and career goals. Successful applicants may use the scholarship funds at any accredited, post-secondary institution, trade school or apprenticeship program.
Congratulations to this year’s Winners!
- Mikaila Doede, OSTC-SE, Graphic and Communication Design
- Stephanie Sanchez-Martinez, OSTC-NW, Health Sciences
- Genesis Gamez-Flores, OSTC-NW, Health Sciences
- Lauren McNair, OSTC-NW, Health Sciences
- Natalie Adock, OSTC-NW, Health Sciences
- Keegan Reed, OSTC-SE, Cybersecurity Networking
- Ally Evans, OSTC-NW, Health Sciences
- Ryan Hunter, OSTC-SE, Health Sciences
- Theresa Kliffel, OSTC-NW, Agriscience and Environmental Technologies
- Juliana Parry, OSTC-SE, Health Sciences
- Gianna Pearson, OSTC-SE, Entrepreneurship and Advanced Marketing
- Cooper Cross, OSTC-SW, Entrepreneurship and Advanced Marketing
- Claire Gay, OSTC-NE, Health Sciences
- Elin Gebrowsky, OSTC-NW, Computer Programming
- Sara Goldsmith, OSTC-NW, Engineering, Robotics & Mechatronics
- Kyle Haugk, OSTC-SE, Energy-Electrical Technologies
- Evan Kubik, OSTC-SE, Welding
- Julia Lobsinger, OSTC-SE, Graphic and Communication Design
- Tessa Scholz, OSTC-NW, Health Sciences
- Kenyatta Washington, OSTC-SE, Construction Technology