In 1991, a partnership began between Oakland Schools and DENSO International to fund scholarships for students attending Oakland Schools Technical Campuses. Since then, more than $415,000 has been given to students in technical studies programs who have not only been outstanding scholars, but leaders in and out of the classroom.
Now known as the Scholarships for Success Awards Program, $25,000 in scholarships was awarded during the 2020-21 academic year. Scholarship awards are based on interest and participation in Career Technical Education, academic achievement and career goals. Successful applicants may use the scholarship funds at any accredited, post-secondary institution, trade school or apprenticeship program.
Announcing our 2020-21 Winners!
- Chibueze Anyanwu, OSCT-SE, Computer Programming (iTEAM)
- Kayla Alkatib, OSTC-SE, Health Sciences
- Jia Li Avery, OSTC-SW, Health Sciences
- Lauren Costigan, OSTC-NW, OSTC-NW, Health Sciences
- Luke Dittman, OSTC-SW, Entrepreneurship and Advanced Marketing (iTEAM)
- Julie Brantley, OSTC-NW, Entrepreneurship and Advanced Marketing (iTEAM)
- Preston Duller, OSTC-SE, Cybersecurity
- Mary Holt, OSTC-NE, Computer Networking (iTEAM)
- Nadiya Humes, OSTC-SW, Culinary Arts and Hospitality
- Abigail Rizk, OSTC-SE, Health Sciences
- Gavin Sebert, OSTC-NE, Machining (EET)
- Meredith Baert, OSTC-SW, Entrepreneurship and Advanced Marketing (iTEAM)
- Charlena Banfield, OSTC-NW, Entrepreneurship and Advanced Marketing (iTEAM)
- Benjamin Exine, OSTC-NW, Mechtronics (EET)
- Kayla Gulliver, OSTC-NW, Visual Imaging
- Matthew Koontz, OSTC-SE, Cybersecurity
- Carter Lewis, OSTC-NE, Construction Technology
- Lorena Nobani, OSTC-NW, Health Sciences
- Parker Pearson, OSTC-NE, Welding (EET)