The Oakland Schools Education Foundation is proud to be the official regional partner of the Scripps National Spelling Bee in our community for the 2022-2023 school year. Together, we can provide students with the opportunity to compete in the nation’s longest-running educational competition. Enroll your school today!
Each year, the Bee reaches millions of students across the country with the classroom and school materials that it provides to schools enrolled in its annual program. By enrolling your school, you receive access to these materials, including study lists, competition guides and instructions for conducting a school spelling bee program. All school champions at enrolled schools in our area will compete in the Oakland Schools Scripps Regional Bee.
The Oakland Schools Scripps Regional Spelling Bee, our area’s regional spelling bee, will take place on March 4, 2023, at the Oakland Center at Oakland University. The champion of our regional competition will represent our area in the 2023 Scripps National Spelling Bee, which will take place in the Washington, D.C., area in May.
When you enroll your school at spellingbee.com and pay the $175 enrollment fee, you will receive exclusive online access to:
- Official study lists with spellings and word meanings for students in grades 5-8,
- The 2023 Classroom Competition List for administering classroom spelling bees,
- The 2023 School Competition List for administering a school spelling bee,
- Access to the Bee’s Online Testing Platform for creating Classroom and School Online Tests,
- Words of the Champions, the 4,000-word study resource for your school spelling bee champion,
- The Great Words, Great Works reading list with all source books for the School Spelling Bee Study List, organized by grade level,
- Supplemental word meaning materials for classroom and school levels,
- Award certificates for participants and your school champion, and
- Entrance for your school champion in the Oakland Schools Scripps Regional Bee
You can enroll now through December 31, 2022.